Last year, I’ve made rhubarb syrup – cool stuff for hot summer days! This year, I’ve produced some again, but too stupid: I didn’t have last year’s recipe any more. So here I write down a recipe which isn’t perfect yet – but a base for improvements…
1 kg rhubarb
1 l water
1 kg sugar
juice of 1,5 lemons
Cut the unpeeled rhubarb, boil it in the water until smooth. Press it through a kitchen linen. Combine with sugar and lemon juice, bring it to a boil until sugar is dissolved, fill it in clean glasses.
Notes to myself:
– more lemon juice is needed, maybe citric acid?
– keeping glass bottles could be useful
– maybe more sugar is needed for a more syrupy quality.
– not to peel brings more colour!
– to remake, because it’s yummy.
Filed under: notes to myself, Recipes: Beverages | Leave a Comment
Tags: rhubarb, vegan